With the right ingredients, you can come up with incredible tequila cocktails other than a margarita (although this one also tastes awesome). Below is a list of some of the best mixers you can have for tequila.
- Soda. Any soda will work but we recommend using seltzer with high mineral content.
- Grapefruit soda. A tequila mixed with grapefruit soda makes a subtly bitter, citrusy, and downright crush-able cocktail.
- Pineapple juice. A tequila mixed with pineapple juice makes a tropical, peppery, grassy and vegetal cocktail. You can have either a fresh pineapple juice or the canned one.
- Agave Syrup. Want an old-fashioned tequila without the bitters? Go and grab a mixing glass, nice ice, bar spoon, and agave syrup and a bottle of tequila.
- Orange Juice. Tequila mixed with orange juice makes a highly quaffable, light and refreshing drink. You can use either a fresh juice or a bottled variety. If you choose the former, whip air into it to make the cocktail almost creamy and fluffy.
- Tomato juice. Want to have a Bloody Mary but you do not have a vodka? Well, you can have a tequila mixed with tomato juice in place of it.
- Eggs. Want something new? Try mixing tequila with egg. But if you haven’t had one or tried it, it would be better to leave this mixer behind first.
- Milk. This may be quite odd for some but milk can actually work well with tequila. The mix is called Leche Mexicana and sometimes served as a cocktail parties welcome guest.
- Ginger beer. If you are a fan of Moscow mule, you may also love ginger beer in tequila. This spicy mixer can also work well with your favorite Mexican spirit.
- Lemonade. Tequila and lemonade make a sweet and smooth cocktail.
There you go! Grab any of the ingredients and let the fun get started.