Sometimes the greatest dilemma is not knowing what to eat. We’ve made it easy for you here. If you’ve got the Tequila we have the recipes! Here are 5 great recipes that you can cook with a splash of Tequila!
- Grilled Tequila Lime Shrimp
While normally a wonderfully light summer dish and appetizer we think this is great all year round. Surf and Turf is a great way to celebrate special occasions and by that we think meals shared with family and friends calls for tequila and Grilled Tequila Lime Shrimp!
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 (10 inch) wooden skewers
- 1 large lime, quartered
- Whisk together the lime juice, tequila, olive oil, garlic salt, cumin, and black pepper in a bowl until well blended. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add the shrimp, seal bag and turn to coat evenly. Refrigerate 1 to 4 hours before grilling.
- Soak skewers at least 30 minutes in water to prevent burning.
- Preheat outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Lightly oil grill grate, and place about 4 inches from heat source.
- Drain and discard marinade from shrimp. Thread shrimp onto prepared skewers, 5 to 6 per skewer.
- Cook, uncovered, on preheated grill until shrimp turn pink, turning once, for 5 to 7 minutes. Serve with lime wedges for garnish.
- Tipsy Fruit
A deliciously spiked fruit salad that you won’t be able to stop eating! Can you say Margarita inspired dressing? We can!
- 3 cups watermelon chunks
- 3 cups pineapple chunks
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup silver tequila
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 3 limes, zested and juiced
- Mix watermelon, pineapple, and strawberries in a serving bowl.
- Whisk tequila, agave nectar, lime zest, and lime juice together in a bowl; pour dressing over fruit. Toss to coat.
- Tequila Chili
This simple one pot chili is easy to make, zesty in flavor, and meaty! You can also do a version of this recipe in a crock pot on low heat for at least 4 hours…the longer it cooks the better the flavor!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can light red kidney beans, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces tequila
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Brown the ground beef in a large pot over medium heat, breaking it up with a spoon while it cooks; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, kidney beans, onion, garlic, tomato sauce, tequila, chili powder, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper; simmer 20 minutes.
- Grilled Salmon with Habanero Lime Butter
Marinate a mixture of orange, lime juice and tequila with minced habanero peppers for 2-4 hours. If habaneros are too spicy you can also substitute with jalapeno peppers or forgo peppers altogether for a milder dish.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon minced habanero pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 (5 ounce) salmon steaks
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced habanero pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- In a bowl, stir together vegetable oil, orange juice, 3 tablespoons lime juice, tequila, 1 tablespoon lime zest, 1 tablespoon habanero pepper, and garlic. Reserve a small amount to use as a basting sauce, and pour the remainder into a shallow baking dish. Place the salmon in the shallow dish, and turn to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, turning frequently.
- In a small bowl, mix together softened butter, garlic salt, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 2 teaspoons habanero pepper, and 2 teaspoons lime zest. Cover, and refrigerate.
- Preheat grill at medium heat.
- Lightly oil grill grate, and place salmon on the grill. Cook salmon for 5 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish can be easily flaked with a fork. Transfer to a serving dish, top with habanero butter, and serve.
- Tequila Lime Burgers
We recommend taking a shot of tequila before eating this dish. Tequila and lime gives these burgers a unique twist the whole 18 and over family with love!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Mix together the ground beef, steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Montreal seasoning, tequila, lime juice, and lime zest in a large bowl until evenly combined. Form 8 patties from the mixture.
- Cook patties on preheated grill to desired doneness, 7 to 10 minutes each side for well done.
We hope you enjoy these quick and easy 5 ways to eat your tequila with a shot of Chula Parranda Tequila, best when served celebrating family and friendships! Let us know your favorite Tequila recipe. Comment and share below.